Guidelines For Submitting To The Free Poetry Contest For 2016
- You must be at least 13 years old to compete in the poetry contest.
- You may only submit 1 poem to be featured in each yearly contest.
- The best new poems you submit must be your own original material that has not been previously published on any other public media platform.
- Poems must be at least 10 lines and no more than 39 lines long.
- All styles of poetry are allowed.
- All poems must be formatted into lines. Poems submitted in the form of a continuous paragraph will be discarded.
- The best new poem you submit must not contain curse words or adults only subject matter, keep em’ clean or I will just delete them.
- I will not feature any poem for the contest that contains any of the following subject matter..
- Poems about sex.
- Poems about drug, alchohol use.
- Poems that depict a specific country, religion, ethnicity, race, or sexual orientation as being superior or inferior to another.
- Poems criticizing a specific religion or promoting Satanism.
- Poems romanticizing suicide.
- Poems typed in all capital letters.
- Poems containing a large amount of spelling and/or punctuation errors will also be deleted.
Please read the submission guidelines above carefully before submitting a poem. Poems that do not meet the guidelines will be discarded. If you do not receive an acceptance Email after 10 business days, you may submit up to 2 more of your best new poems for consideration.
I can only accept one poem per poet for each annual poetry contest, so make sure that you submit your best new poems. Once I receive 350 qualifying poems for the 2016 poetry contest, submissions will no longer be accepted. So don’t wait too long to submit a poem!
I am not taking submissions for the 2016 poetry contest at this time. Please check back in a few weeks..
Each poem that is accepted into the contest will be featured on the home page of the Best New Poems for 7 days to give as many poetry fans as possible, a chance to read and judge them.
Money is generated from Shop sales on this website throughout the year. I am going to give 50% of the cash profits to the poet that submits the most popular poem that I feature for the poetry contest in 2015. Basicly, if the website generates $1000 in profits this year, then, the winning poet will win $500. The exact amount of the Poetry Contest Prize Fund is updated at the end of each month. I reserve the right not to feature any poem submitted to the poetry contest for any reason.